Do you have a passion in accounting and tax? Do you want to work somewhere where you'll flourish? If so we have the best job for you! Consolid8 is a multi-award winning national accounting firm with global reach, using cloud technology and real world experience to deliver modern business solutions. The firm has recently merged with BDO Australia, the 5th largest accounting firm globally.
We are accountants with personality who speak to clients using language they understand. Our real-world approach sets us apart from traditional accounting firms. We draw on our commercial experience to deliver practical advice and solutions. We like to step into our clients’ shoes and frame tax and business advice from the business owner's perspective.
We are currently looking for an experienced, personable intermediate tax accountant to join the team at our modern office in Upper Mt Gravatt. You must have a genuine desire to help our clients, get the absolute best results for them and always be willing to go the extra mile. A cultural fit with our team is as important as your skills and competencies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of individual tax returns
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly BAS and management reports
- Preparation of financial statements and tax returns for partnerships, companies and trusts
- Assisting our clients to grow their businesses by better understanding tax compliance
- Assistance in annual and quarterly tax planning for client groups
- Assisting the Partner in developing Consolid8/BDO Start-up program to provide holistic accounting, tax and business solutions to Startup businesses
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tech-savvy with a genuine interest in App development (SaaS) and technology industries
- Genuine interest in educating Start-up business owners and helping them to grow their businesses
- Accounting degree with a good academic record
- Ideally up to 2 years' tax compliance experience in public practice or tax advisory firms
- Good understanding of ATO and ASIC processes
- Commercial and real-world approach in problem solving
- Interest and commitment in keeping up to date with tax legislations
- Great attention to detail that is balanced by a flexible, professionally inquisitive mind
- Experience with cloud-based accounting software, especially Xero Strong communication and client facing skills
What is on offer?
- You will be working directly with a partner who is a well-respected leader in the SaaS, Technology and Start-up sectors
- You will be provided with comprehensive training and career guidance to become an expert in the above industries
- Competitive salary package for the right candidate
- Flexible work environment
- Fantastic coffees and Monday morning teas!
- Social club and events with Consolid8 and BDO teams
Applicants are encouraged to act fast as we are seeking to appoint immediately!