Meet Alec – he is currently studying Bachelor of Accounting, after working for five years at a Civil Engineering company. Growing up on a working cattle property in North Queensland he learnt about small business and the unique challenges involved in agriculture.
After graduating Alec sought experience in property management and gained experience in renovating and managing tenants. With a desire to challenge himself he took a job at a Civil Engineering company working on a major road project in North West Queensland. As a Senior Technical Officer Alec was responsible for Geotechnical QA, nuclear safety and managing his team.
1. What do you love about working at Consolid8?
Learning new skills and the culture
2. Tell us about your 'real world' experience
I have both hands on and office-based experience in property management, agriculture and civil engineering. My past experience in small business and project managing large-scale remote civil engineering projects gives me an understanding of the realities of owning and operating successful businesses
3. What do you do for fun?
I love playing sport, spending time with my friends and family
4. What is your secret talent?
Backyard cricket: In-swinging Yorker
5. If you weren't an awesome Accountant, what would you be?
A civil engineer
6. What is your office claim to fame?
I was the QLD Cross-Country Champion in 2008
7. What is at the top of your bucket list?
Building a house for my mother
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
Galway, Ireland. Sláinte!