Jacqui spent over 10 years in the Business Services division at BDO doing tax compliance and advisory work on a range of clients from sole traders to multi-nationals. It was her involvement and interest in pushing cloud accounting nationally that lead her to new opportunities and managing the Management Accounting team.
Jacqui is now helping clients at the ground level with automation and better data through the team’s bookkeeping, process improvement and cloud advisory services. When BDO and Consolid8 joined forces at Consolid8 in 2020, there was an opportunity to combine different skillsets and open new opportunities across Consolid8 and BDO.
Jacqui has experience with all the major cloud accounting platforms and popular apps and loves helping clients automate and streamline their internal business processes so that they can concentrate on growing their business.
1. What do you love about working at Consolid8?
The people and open thinking.
2. Tell us about your 'real world' experience
I have had the chance to do a number of client secondments, but it was starting an online business with my husband that helped provide more perspective on practical business factors.
3. What do you do for fun?
Exploring and having adventures with my family.
4. What is your secret talent?
I can easily read a book (or two if I'm allowed) in a day.
5. If you weren't an awesome accountant, what would you be?
A teacher. I love helping people grow.
6. What is your office claim to fame?
7. What is at the top of your bucket list?
More travel in general.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
Scotland to visit my brother.