Matt has a Bachelor in Commerce with a Major in Accounting and a Minor in Taxation as well as Diplomas in Business Management and Financial Planning. He thoroughly enjoys Revenue Law, Accounting and how they work in tandem provide expert Business Services. Matt has spent most of his career traveling Australia – collecting experience over a wide range of industries.
1. What do you love about working at Consolid8?
I really love the team environment, it’s one of a kind. Each team member has specialties what when combined, really show me just how much I can improve myself as an accountant and team member.
2. Tell us about your 'real world' experience
Through my studies I have worked externally as a tax accountant while traveling the country as part of a military family. After graduating, I spent around 12 months working as an Insolvency Accountant, during this time I was lucky enough to work directly with the Liquidator and Trustee in Bankruptcy of a individual whose judgement reached the High Court.
3. What do you do for fun?
I love my job, so Monday to Friday is my jam.
4. What is your secret talent?
Can pitch pretty nasty Curve Ball.
5. If you weren't an awesome Intermediate Accountant, what would you be?
A Solicitor or Exercise Physiologist. If I didn’t need to pay bills I’d be a Historian.
6. What is your office claim to fame?
I’m bringing suspenders and 70’s fashion back.
7. What is at the top of your bucket list?
I want to go into outer space! #spaceXfalconheavy
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
I’d like to visit Verdun in the northeastern part of France.